Dry Eye - IPL Treatment
Before your IPL & LLLT Mask Treatment
- Avoid sun exposure a few days before to ensure a comfortable experience and for maximum results.
- Do not wear makeup into the office. Your skin may be cleaned prior to administration of IPL, using a gentle face wash or cleansing wipe.
- Do not wear contact lenses into the office.
During Your IPL Treatment
- Protective goggles will be worn over the eyelids to help shield them from the intense light. Your doctor will also wear eye shields.
- The doctor will decide the right configuration for your dry eye needs, and then will place the tip over the skin surrounding the eyes and will count down to a pulse. A series of five pulses will be applied to the lower area of each eye.
- You will experience a very bright light with a warm touch to the skin but should not experience any pain.
- After all ten pulses are applied, the goggles will be removed.
- The entire procedure should take no more than 10 minutes.
During Your LLLT Mask Treatment
- Your doctor will clean all equipment, set up the machine, and then will place the mask over your face.
- The face mask will emit a stable bright colored light for 15 minutes.
- You will experience some warmth emitting from the mask.
- Continue to relax in your chair for the remainder of the time.
- When 3 minutes remain, the mask will blink continuously until the end of the session.
- Your doctor will then remove the mask and express your lid’s oil glands to achieve maximum results.
- Before leaving, SPF lotion will be applied to the skin for better protection.
- The entire procedure should take about 30 minutes.
IPL / LLLT Mask Aftercare
- Your skin may feel a little warm for the remainder of the day but shouldn’t feel any discomfort.
- Makeup application immediately after your IPL session is acceptable. Use more caution with sensitive skin. In case of an unexpected skin reaction, stop wearing any makeup.
- Wear sunscreen (30-50 SPF) and avoid tanning for at least 48 hours following treatment to prevent hyperpigmentation.
- Use moisturizer and drink plenty of water.
- Return in 3-4 weeks for your follow up IPL session.